I am Anna McCoubrey and I qualified with a BSc in Occupational Therapy in 1993. I have over 20 years of paediatric experience, working with children with a wide variety of difficulties, including:
- Sensory and Motor difficulties
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Delay
- Cerebral palsy and acquired brain injury
What I do
In my role as a therapist I work closely with the child, their caregivers and other involved professionals to understand each child's unique strengths and challenges. As I develop a clearer picture of who they are and their ability to engage in their home, school and social environment, we can focus on therapy that will maximise their strengths and help them to overcome their challenges in daily life.
Training and Memberships
I have a Post Graduate certificate in Sensory Integration.
I have also completed Level 1 in Sensory Attachment Intervention Training.
I am a member of:
- The College of Occupational Therapists
- The Health Professionals Council (Registration No OT22379)
- The Sensory Integration Network
- The College of Occupational Therapy specialist section 'Children, Young People and Families'
I am fully insured with Balens Insurance Company.
I have also studied Yoga for the Special Child. When applicable I integrate the principles of yoga which complement Occupational Therapy, such as the development of motor control and body awareness as well as the regulation of alertness levels to help develop focus and attention.